Paneer Pav bhaji recipe, pav bhaji with paneer , a popular mumbai street food recipe with step by step pictures and video. Pav bhaji is one of our most favorite dish. We get fresh eggless Pav buns here, so i make it once in 10 days at home. I have given paneer pav bhaji recipe to a popular Indian magazine long back. It was a super hit with the addition of paneer in it. You can use Homemade paneer for making this recipe. I have posted a no onion garlic pav bhaji too. Also check out my Masala Pav bun recipe, you will definitely love it.
Generally in shops they add food color to the bhaji, to make it vibrant. I added a small piece of beetroot to this and this gave a nice natural color to the pav bhaji but at the same time it didn’t alter the taste of the bhaji too.
How to make paneer pav bhaji
Paneer pav bhaji
- Peel skin of carrot, beetroot and potato. Wash nicely.
- Add the peas, carrot, beetroot and potato to the pressure cooker
- Add 3 finely chopped tomatoes.
- Add enough water and cover the cooker. Cook till 5-6 whistles.
- Once done mash it nicely using a potato masher.
- In a pan add butter and oil. Add cumin seeds.
- Add finely chopped onions, Saute for 2 minutes. Add ginger garlic paste.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Add finely chopped capsicum. Saute for a minute, let it be crunchy.
- Add red chili powder, pav baji masala and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute
- Add the mashed veggies to the pan. Add the scrambled paneer to this.
- Mix well, add 1 cup of water to adjust the consistency.
- Let this boil for 10 minutes in low flame. Switch off the flame
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Toast pav bun by adding butter to the tawa. Add little pav bhaji masala and coriander leaves to that. This will enhance the taste.
- Serve with paneer bhaji smeared with a dollop of butter. Keep some raw onions and lemon wedges on the side.
- Beetroot gives a nice color to the bhaji, without altering the taste.
- You can finely chop paneer and add to the paneer pav bhaji.
- Peel the skin of the potato, beetroot and carrot and wash nicely.
- Chop 3 tomatoes.
- Add the chopped veggies to a pressure cooker along with 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Put the tomatoes into the cooker.
- Pour enough water and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles.
- Mash it nicely using a potato masher and keep aside.
- In a pan add butter and oil.
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds.
- Add 3 finely chopped onions.
- Saute for 2 minutes. Add the ginger garlic paste.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add finely chopped capsicum. Saute for a minute. Let it be crunchy.
- Add 2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp pav bhaji masala and salt.
- Mix well. Cook for a minute.
- Now add the mashed veggies to the pan.
- Add in the scrambled paneer to this.
- Mix well and add 1 cup of water.
- Let this boil for 10 minutes.
- Switch off and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Toast the pav bun with butter, pav bhaji masala and coriander leaves. This will enhance the taste.
- Serve the toasted pav bun with hot paneer bhaji smeared with a dollop of butter with fresh cut onions and lemon wedges.