Learn how to make peanut chuntey with tomato (no coconut)
Peanut chutney | Groundnut chutney| verkadalai chutney, is a simple south Indian chutney made as an accompaniment for idli|dosa. I have already posted peanut chutney recipe, but this one i recently tried as i had lots of roasted unstalted peanuts which my mom sent for me from India. I have a asked that to make verkadalai urundai as the one we get here is very big and size. I have a pack of them left and i tried this easy peanut chutney recipe out of them. It tasted very well and we had this with whole wheat grain dosai. You can make this for idli or any variety of dosa too. If you have the roasted peanuts in hand, this chutney can be made in 20 minutes.
This is a scheduled post as i am on vacation right now. Will reply to your email queries shortly. Thanks for your kind understanding.
Peanut chutney with tomato
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Roasted Peanuts 1/2 cup
Red chili 2
Green chili 1
Garlic 2-3 pods (optional)
Salt as needed
Oil 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves few
- If you have roasted peanuts just proceed with the recipe. Else roast the peanuts in a dry pan and cool it completely and phew the skin away.
- In a pan add 1 tsp of oil and cook the red chili, green chili, garlic pods.
- Chop the tomato into big chunks and cook this well in a low flame.
- Add in the peanuts and salt. Switch off the flame.
- Allow this to cool and grind this into a fine paste by adding enough water. Make the consistency of the chutney when you are grinding it. Later if you add water, it will not get evenly mixed and will form lumps.
- Transfer this to a bowl and temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Serve this peanut chutney with idli | dosa. Even the chutney goes well with chapati too.
- You can skip the red chili and add one or 2 more green chilis only.
- Garlic can be omitted and a small piece of ginger can be added.
- You can add 1 onion while roasting.
This looks divine!! I’ve made something similar
Super chutney!! Can you try to post the recipe for homemade peanut butter???