Learn how to make peanut chuntey with tomato (no coconut)
Peanut chutney with tomato
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Roasted Peanuts 1/2 cup
Red chili 2
Green chili 1
Garlic 2-3 pods (optional)
Salt as needed
Oil 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves few
- If you have roasted peanuts just proceed with the recipe. Else roast the peanuts in a dry pan and cool it completely and phew the skin away.
- In a pan add 1 tsp of oil and cook the red chili, green chili, garlic pods.
- Chop the tomato into big chunks and cook this well in a low flame.
- Add in the peanuts and salt. Switch off the flame.
- Allow this to cool and grind this into a fine paste by adding enough water. Make the consistency of the chutney when you are grinding it. Later if you add water, it will not get evenly mixed and will form lumps.
- Transfer this to a bowl and temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Serve this peanut chutney with idli | dosa. Even the chutney goes well with chapati too.
- You can skip the red chili and add one or 2 more green chilis only.
- Garlic can be omitted and a small piece of ginger can be added.
- You can add 1 onion while roasting.