Pineapple kesari recipe with video
After tasting a wonderful pineapple kesari in saravana bhavan ,i wanted to attempt this at home. This recipe i have tried so many times,but every time i make this , it gets over within 5 minutes. This time i pleaded them to wait till i click the pictures. Thanks to them,so finally i am here with the recipe of pineapple kesari. .
Check out my Rava kesari recipe.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Rava | sooji 1/2 cup
Pineapple chunks 1/2 cup
Water 1 and 1/2 cup
Sugar 3/4 cup
Ghee 3 -4 tblsp
Cashew nuts few
Cardamom powder a pinch (optional)
Milk 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 2 pinches
Video on How to make pineapple kesari
- In a kadai, add a tsp of ghee and fry the cashews until they turn nice golden brown colour .
- Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, dry roast the rava for few minutes, till a nice aroma arises and the rava turns slightly brown.
- Be careful not to make it burn.
- Cut the pineapple into fine pieces.
- In a sauce pan heat the water and add the pineapple chunks and bring it to a boil.
- Slowly add the hot water with the pineapple chunks to the roasted rava.
- Stir well till the rava gets nicely cooked.
- To check whether the rava is cooked or not, wet your hands and touch the mixture. If rava doesnt stick to your hands it means it is completely cooked.
- Now slowly add the sugar to this cooked rava.
- To avoid getting lumps add sugar slowly with one hand and stir the mixture continuously with other hand.
- Do not panic if the mixture gets watery.
- You will get the right consistency if you continuously stir this for few minutes.
- Mix the turmeric powder with milk add to this. This is to bring slight yellow colour, you can add food colour too.
- Add the ghee at regular intervals. Add cardamom powder and the roasted cashews.
- Mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes in a low flame and lastly add 1 tsp of ghee to give it a glaze.
- Switch off the flame.
- Serve warm.
- The rava has to be cooked properly, otherwise the kesari will become watery.
- Be careful, while adding sugar,otherwise lumps will be formed.