MINT FLAVORED INDIAN FLAT BREAD
Pudina paratha is one my favorite Indian flat bread and i used to order this whenever we go to restaurants. I wanted to try pudina paratha at home for a long time, but somehow it doesn’t happen and finally i made this last weekend it turned out very nice. I wanted to try this as laccha paratha which is normally made in restaurants, but my laziness didn’t allow me and finally i rolled it into parathas.
Also check out
INGREDIENTS:(YIELDS-8 Medium sized parathas)
|WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR(ATTA)||2 CUPS|
|MINT LEAVES(Tightly packed)||2 CUPS|
|CHAAT MASALA||1/4 TSP|
- Wash the mint leaves and pat dry them.
- In a wide bowl mix the atta and salt.
- Take half portion of the mint leaves and finely chop them.
- Add this to the flour and knead it into a pliable dough adding required amount of water to this.
- Add a tsp of oil and mix well. Cover it and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- In a griddle |tawa, add the remaining mint leaves and roast them nicely.
- Alternatively you can microwave this too for a few seconds.
- When they become crisp take them out and just give a pulse in a mixer.
- Keep this in a small bowl and mix it nicely with chaat masala.
- Divide the dough into equal parts.
- Roll it into little thick parathas and place it in a hot tawa.
- Sprinkle the mint and chaat masala powder.
- When cooked on one side flip on the other side and add little oil or brush with little oil.
- Sprinkle a dash of mint powder on the other side too and take out from the flame.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Serve with any SIDE DISH of your choice. We had with boondi raitha.