Roasted bell pepper pasta is an easy pasta recipe, which doesn’t involve the use of tomato. It serves as an easy weekday dinner. Kids will also love this and you can always make it for them when they are back from school. The taste of the roasted bell pepper makes the pasta more yummy. Try this roasted bell pepper pasta for dinner tonight. Will be back to millet Mondays from next week.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 2
Red bell pepper 1
Pasta 1 cup
Garlic 3-4 pods
Grated Cheese 2 tblsp
Chili flakes to taste
Oregano 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
- Wash the bell pepper and pat dry it. Grease the bell pepper with oil and roast them on open flame. Keep the flame in low and turn on all sides for even roasting.
- When it is completely cool scrap down the black part of the capsicum.
- Cook the pasta with enough salt and few drops of oil. I used the fusilli pasta. Reserve half cup of water which we used to cook the pasta.
- Grind the roasted bell pepper into a fine paste.
- Chop the garlic finely. Add oil in a pan and add in the garlic. When they turn brown add in the bell pepper paste. Add the oregano powder and little salt.
- Add the cooked pasta to this, the water we reserved add the cheese and red chili flakes too
- Mix well.
- Serve hot.
- Use a spoon to scrap out the skin of the roasted bell pepper.
- Use any pasta of your choice.
- Increase the quantity of cheese if you want.
- Always serve this hot.