Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Snake gourd 2 small
Yellow moong dal 1/2 cup
Channa dal 1 fistful
Urad dal 1 tblsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Grated coconut 1/4 cup
Cooking oil 1 tsp
Red chili 2-3
Coconut oil 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida a pinch
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Curry leaves few
- Wash and slit the Snake Gourd and remove the seeds from the center.
- Cut it into half circles.
- Soak the yellow moongdal and channa dal in water and add the snake gourd on the top of it.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Pressure cook it .
- In a kadai, add the urad dal and redchillies and saute till golden brown.
- Add the cumin seeds and coconut scraping.
- Grind it into a smooth paste by adding little water to it.
- Heat a kadai add the cooking oil and temper with mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Add th cooked dal and veggie mixture and the ground paste to it.
- Mix well.
- Switch off the flame.
- Add coconut oil to it.(ONLY IF YOU ARE USING)
- Garnish with curry leaves.
- Serve with hot rice.
I couldn’t take any pictures at this stage since my camera’s battery was exhausted.
YOU CAN REPACE REDCHILLIES WITH 1/2 –3/4 TSP OF BLACK PEPPER.