Poricha kuzhambhu | kootu is a usual one which we make at home almost every week. Usually i make this as an accompaniment for rice and Vatha kuzhambhu. You can even mix this with rice and enjoy with papad and pickle. Poricha kuzhambhu can be made with any veggies likes chow chow,beans and even with mixed veggies too. Today I am sharing the recipe of avarakkai (broad beans)poricha kuzhambhu. INGREDIENTS:
|CHOPPED BROAD BEANS(AVARAKKAI)||1 CUP|
|YELLOW MOONG DAL||1/3 CUP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|COCONUT OIL | SUNFLOWER OIL||2 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1 TBLSP|
|RED CHILLI||2 NO|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|COCONUT SHREDDED||3 TBLSP|
- Roast the ingredients given the “To grind ” table with little oil.
- When it becomes cool, grind this into a smooth paste adding little water to this.
- Wash and cook the avarakkai and moong dal and in pressure cooker for 3 whistles, by adding salt and a pinch of turmeric powder. Add 3/4 cup of water to the dal and veggie while cooking.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and when it splutters andd a pinch of asafoetida to this.
- Add the cooked dal and veggie to this and mix well.
- Now add the ground ingredients to this and mix well .
- Add little water to reach the right consistency. Garnish with curry leaves.
- If the kootu becomes watery, just mix 1 tblsp of rice flour in water, without any lumps and add to the kootu before and boil this in a medium flame for a minute.