Alvas Yogurt – A review
The texture of the yogurt is creamy and is not sweet unlike other store bought curds. The best part is that this yogurt tastes more like home made curd and is completely chemical free. They do not add any preservatives or additives to their yogurt. The yogurt tasted exactly the same as home made yogurt . The 200 ml pack tasted slightly sour but the rest were perfect. Since this yogurt is homemade, every batch carries its own level of tangyness. Both my kids are a big fan of yogurt and they loved Alvas yogurt very much. Trust me, they are my best critics, especially my daughter.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time :Nil |Serves: 2
Alvas Yogurt 3/4 cup
Pomegranate 1/2 cup
Red chili powder 1-1 and1/4 tsp
Cumin powder | Roasted jeera powder 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed
Sugar 2 pinches
Video of How to make Spicy Pomegranate raita
- In a wide bowl add the thick creamy yogurt. Whisk this well without any lumps.
- Add red chili powder, roasted cumin powder,salt and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add the pomegranate to this.
- Fold gently.
- Serve chilled with any spicy biryani or parata of your choice.
- Reduce red chili powder according to your taste.
- You can replace pomegranate with potato or cucumber. In that case add little red chili powder.
- Pomegranate seeds balances the spiciness in the raita.