Celebrating MY 100TH POST- Recipe updated with video
My mom makes this so yummy and i learnt this from her and i used to help my mom whenever she makes this.Many times i wonder how she makes so effortlessly for a lot of people. When i tried on my own, it came out well without disappointing me. Here goes the recipe for the Paal Poli. Check out my kadala paruppu poli and thengai poli too.
Paal poli recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 40 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Maida | all purpose flour 1/2 cup
Milk 500 ml (1/2 litre)
Condensed milk 1/4 cup
Oil 1 tsp( to knead dough)
Salt a pinch
Oil for(deep frying the pooris)
Sugar 3 tsp
Saffron few strands
Cardamom powder a pinch (optional)
Video of paal poli
- Knead the maida by adding little salt to this in a smooth dough.
- Keep it covered and set aside.
- Boil the milk in a saucepan or kadai and keep it in a low flame.
- When it comes to a nice boil and the quantity of the milk reduces little,add the condensed milk.
- Soak saffron in warm milk and add to this boiling milk.
- I didn’t add as i was running out of saffron.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Transfer the milk to a wide mouthed vessel.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts.
- Roll it into pooris ,if u want a proper circle shape,it can be done with the help of a lid.
- Heat the oil for deep frying.
- Fry the pooris in a medium flame .
- Immediately transfer it to the hot milk by folding the poori.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining pooris.
- Chop the almonds into fine pieces and sprinkle it over the paal poli.
- Let the poori soaked in the milk for an hour.
- Serve chilled .
- The pooris has to be served along with the milk.
- Just for taking pictures i have separated poori and milk.