Last week when i bought two cauliflowers i thought of making some gravy with that as a side dish for roti. For the first time i am trying a gravy with cauliflower and it came out so well and my son who never eats roti with any side dish, had this and he really enjoyed eating this cauliflower masala.
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||1/4 TSP|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1 TSP|
|CORIANDER SEEDS||1 TSP|
|CINNAMON||A SMALL PIECE|
|CASHEW NUTS||1 TBLSP|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|GRATED PANEER||1 TBLSP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||FEW FOR GANISHING|
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cinnamon ,cardamom and cashew nuts.
- Allow it to cool.
- Add a 1/2 tsp of oil in the kadai and fry the sliced onions till they turn nice golden brown colour.
- When it is cool ,grind it into a smooth paste along with the ginger garlic paste and the roasted masala.
- Blanch the cauliflower florets and saute in a kadai for 5-7 mins adding a tsp of oil.
- Keep it aside.
- In a kadai, add oil and throw in the ground paste.
- Add a tblsp of water to this and cook this for 2 mins.
- Grind the tomatoes and make it a puree. Add this to the masala.
- Mix well and saute for few minutes.
- Add the redchilli powder , turmeric powder and salt to this.
- Cook for 2 minutes in a low flame.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and milk to this and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with grated paneer and coriander leaves .