Paneer Recipes are always a super hit at my place. When i saw this Paneer methi makhani recipe in Aipi’s space i tried it on the same day. I can say it is one of the best side dish for roti and i enjoyed the creamy texture of the gravy with the addition of evaporated milk in that. .
|PANEER CUBES||1/2 CUP|
|METHI LEAVES||3/4 CUP|
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||1 TSP|
|TOMATO PUREE||1/2 CUP|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|EVAPORATED MILK||1/2 CUP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||FEW(TO GARNISH)|
- Chop the onions and methi leaves very finely.
- In a kadai put oil and add the ginger garlic paste.
- Saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add the onions to this and saute for few minutes.
- When it becomes pink, add the tomato puree and cook it for 2-3 mins.
- Add the methi leaves and salt to this and allow it to cook for 4-5 mins.
- Keep the flame low.
- Add the paneer cubes, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and cook for 2 mins.
- Now add the evaporated milk and stir it nicely.
- If you don’t have evaporated milk with you you can just replace with normal full cream milk.
- Now add in the sugar.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti/rice.
Though evaporated milk can be replaced with normal milk, i suggest the addition of evaporated milk as it gives a wonderful texture to the gravy.