|CHICK PEAS | BLACK CHANA||1/2 CUP|
|COCONUT SCRAPPED||2 TBLSP|
|RED CHILLI||1 NO|
|ASAFOETIDA||A GENEROUS PINCH|
|COCONUT OIL||1 TSP|
|GINGER||1/2 INCH PIECE(OPTIONAL)|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Soak the chickpeas overnight or for 7-8 hrs with enough water.
- Before cooking wash them off nicely .
- Then add 1/2 cup of water , salt and a generous pinch of asafoetida to this and pressure cook till 4- 5 whistles.
- Take out once the pressure is released and drain the excess water.
- Grind the scrapped coconut, ginger, redchilli , curry leaves coarsely in a mixer.
- In a kadai add coconut oil and add mustard seeds to this.
- When it splutters add the coconut mixture and fry it in a low flame for a minute or two.
- Add the cooked sundal to this and mix nicely.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sundal is ready for neivedhyam.