Navaratri golu is a the one which we look forward for during our child hood days and my mom used to keep a very big Golu and me and and my sister with 2 of our friends do the Park, Zoo and do rangoli. We hang thoranams and its a huge celebration for the entire 9 days. After my sister got married my enthusiasm was not much but still i will help out my mom in arranging Golu during navaratri. When i got married in my in laws place they don’t have the custom of keeping golu and so now a days i would enjoy going to friend’s houses during Navaratri and happily eat sundal. My mom makes this pattani sundal so tasty and i still i could feel the aroma of that while she is making that. Whenever i make this at home it takes me back to that memory.Let me share the recipe of Pattani sundal today.
|GREEN PEAS (DRIED)||1/2 CUP|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||2-3 SPRIGS|
|GINGER||A SMALL PIECE|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1/4 TSP|
|COCONUT (SCRAPPED)||2 TBLSP|
|COCONUT OIL||FEW DROPS (OPTIONAL)|
- Soak the green peas|pattani in water for 8 to 10 hours or over night.
- Pressure cook this with 1 cup water till 3 to 4 whistles.
- Drain the water. You can add salt while cooking the pattani.
- Take out the skin if any comes out.
- Grind the coriander leaves, curry leaves,ginger, green chilli and coconut into a coarse paste without adding water to this.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and urad dal. When it cracklesand the dal turns golden brown, add the cooked green peas.
- Mix well and add the ground green mixture.
- Mix well and switch off the flame in a minute.
- Drizzle some coconut oil.
- Pattani sundal is ready for neivedhyam.