Hope you all had a great diwali . After having continuous treat of sweets and snacks we all wanted to have a simple food. This beetroot chutney|thogaiyal is an yummy one which i learnt from a friend and when mixed with hot rice this will taste heaven.
|CUMIN SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|CHANNA DAL||1 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1 TSP|
|CURRY LEAVES||A HANDFUL|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Peel the skin of the beetroot and chop this into small cubes.
- In a pan, add oil and throw in the cumin seeds, redchilli,garlic, curry leaves, channa dal and urad dal.
- Saute this in a low flame till the dals turn golden brown.
- Keep this aside.
- Now add the chopped beetroot and saute this in a medium flame without getting burnt. Add a Tsp of oil in between.
- Cook for 10 mins.
- Allow it to cool. Grind this along with the dal mixture into a fine paste.
- In a pan add a drop of oil and the throw in the mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add the ground beetroot chutney.
- Saute in a low flame for a minute.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Enjoy with rice,roti or even for dosa.