Beetroot cutlet i tried few months back and that too without onion and garlic. Initially i was bit skeptical about the output, but to my surprise it was awesome and especially kids loved it a lot. I have added paneer too for binding and it was very nice. I have already posted Beetroot vadai . Try out these easy cutlets for kids and i am sure they will love it.
Check out my
Check out my
- In a wide bowl add the grated beetroot, paneer, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder, finely chopped coriander leaves, garam masala, salt and besan.
- Make it into a stiff dough without adding water. The beetroot itself will ooze lot of water. If you feel it is still loose, add 2 tblsp more besan.
- Make a watery paste with maida flour and water.
- Make patties out of beetroot. Dip it in the maida water.
- Roll it in the bread crumbs and do it for rest of the beetroot mixture.
- Arrange it in a plate and keep it covered in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. This is to make the patties more firmer. You can fry directly if you want.
- Heat the oil and when it is hot fry the cutlets in medium high flame and cook on both sides till crispy.
- Do not keep the flame very high. Else it will not get cooked inside.
- Drain in the kitchen tissue.
- Serve hot with Ginger Tea.
- If the beetroot paneer mixture is watery add little more besan to it.
- Always fry in medium hot oil.
- If needed can add little corn flour or rice flour to the mixture before making patties.
- Paneer can be replaced with 2 boiled mashed potatoes.
- You can add cashew bits to the mixture.