(WITH EVAPORATED MILK)
When it comes to kheer i always love the vermicelli kheer and the one with sago i never had before marriage as i always consider sago with milk combo will be like a porridge. As my hubby is a big fan of sago i make this more frequently and i started loving the kheer now a days.
I thank all my friends who wished my son for his birthday in my Previous post.
|EVAPORATED MILK||1/2 TIN|
|CASHEW NUTS||6-7 NO|
|CARDAMOM POWDER||A PINCH|
- Wash and soak the sago in water for 2-3 hours.
- In a pan, add the ghee and fry the cashew nuts till golden brown.
- Keep it aside.
- Drain the water from the soaked javarisi and saute it in the remaining ghee for 2 mins.
- Add milk to this and boil it in a medium flame sauting in between.
- When it comes to a boil add the evaporated milk and boil this for 10 minutes till you get a nice texture and the milk reduces to 3/4 level.
- Add sugar and mix well. Switch off the flame and garnish with cashew nuts.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot or you can serve chilled too.
- The kheer tasted so yum and the flavor of the evaporated milk was fantastic and we enjoyed it a lot.
- Condensed milk also can be added and in that case do not add sugar.
- Do not reduce the boil the milk for a long time. The sago will absorb the milk and when the kheer becomes cool. So it will be thickened.
- The same kheer can be made with vermicelli also.