PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINS| COOKING TIME: 20 MINS | SERVES-3-4
|PANEER CUBES||15 PIECES|
|BASMATI RICE||1 AND 1/2 CUPS|
|GINGER||A SMALL PIECE|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||3/4 TSP|
- Grind the mint leaves, coriander leaves,cloves, tomato( I used 3 tblsp of tomato puree) ginger and garlic into a smooth paste.
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in 3 cups of water for 20 minutes.
- Shallow fry the paneer cubes in oil and immerse them in hot water for few minutes. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Chop the onions into thin slices.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and throw in the sliced onions.
- Saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add salt and the ground masala to this.
- Saute in a medium flame till the raw smell goes off.
- Add redchilli powder and garam masala.
- throw in the fried paneer cubes and mix well.
- Add the rice and water to this and cover the cooker with lid and pressure cook till 2 whistles.
- Serve with raitha and we had with dal tadka and plain yogurt.
- If not frying the paneer just dip them in hot water for 5-10 minutes and drain the water before cooking. This makes the paneer soft.
- Adding whole spices can be adjusted according to your own taste. Fennel seeds can be added while grinding the masala.
- Even cinnamon,star anise and cardamom can be added in the oil before adding onions.