This recipe i tried from TARLA DALAL’s cook book and was came quite well and tasted very yummy. A must try recipe and easy one too. I made slight variations to the original one.
Preparation Time : 10 mins + 30 mins standing time | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3-4
Paneer cubes 1 cup
Kasoori methi 1 tblsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Chaat masala 1/2 tblsp
Ajwain | omam 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Garlic 2 pods
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Tomato puree 1/2 cup
Fresh cream | milk 3 tblsp
Garam masala 1/4 tsp
Oil 3 tblsp
Coriander leaves few
- Marinate the paneer cubes along with kasoori methi,chilli powder,turmeric powder,chat masala and salt. Keep aside for 1/2 and hour.
- After 1/2 an hour ,heat a kadai and add 2 tblsp of oil and fry the marinated paneer till golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same kadai and temper the cumin seeds and ajwain seeds.
- when it crackles add the crushed garlic and chopped onions.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Now add the coriander powder and tomato puree. Mix well
- Cook till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Add the paneer cubes and garam masala to it.
- Add the cream/milk to it.
- Mix gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.(since i don’t have coriander leaves i didn’t garnish)
- transfer to a serving bowl
- Enjoy with roti/naan/jeera rice.
- Since i have used the tomato puree i got a nice colour.
- If your using tomatoes ,use well ripe ones. You can add 4-5 tomatoes.