Thanks for this wonderful recipe aipi.
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR||1 AND 1/4 CUP|
|SUGAR||1/2 CUP + 3 TBLSP|
|MILK||1 AND 1/4 CUP + 2 TBLSP|
|BAKING POWDER||2 TSP|
|BAKING SODA||1/2 TSP|
|PISTACHIOS||1/2 CUP + 2TBLSP(for garnish)|
|UNSALTED MELTED BUTTER||1/2 CUP|
|ALMOND SLICES||FEW(for garnishing)|
- Bring the khoya|mawa to room temperature.
- In a blender, pulse it along with milk and butter without any lumps.
- Sieve the flour with baking soda and baking powder.
- Soak the saffron in warm milk ( 2 tblsp of milk) for 15 mins.
- Mix the khoya, milk mixture along with the sifted flour and blend it again in a blender along with sugar, pistachios, cardamom and soaked saffron.
- Grease the cake pan and transfer this cake mixture to the pan and bake it in a preheated oven for 25- 30 mins at 150 degrees.
- Garnish with the sliced pistachios and almond slices..
- Insert a tooth pick and check out whether it is done or not.
- Allow this to cool and after 10 mins carefully invert the pan and take out the cake.
- I used a silicon bundt pan , so i didn’t grease it before pouring the batter.
- You can bake this in normal cake pan or even can bake as cute muffins too.