We all are a big fan of ice cream at home except my little one. When i attempted my first ice cream at home with MANGO it was a super hit. Few weeks later I attempted the same recipe with replacing strawberry with mango . This was again a super hit. After an year i tried ice cream at home and this time i gave a slight twist by adding evaporated milk. It was so creamy and no one can believe that it is home made.
I hurried up while taking pictures as the temperature was hot outside the ice cream started melting!!
STRAWBERRY PUREE (FROM 35-40 strawberries) 2 cups CREAM 3/4 CUP CONDENSED MILK 3/4 CUP EVAPORATED MILK 1/4 CUP SUGAR 3-4 TBLSP
- Wash and hull the strawberries and make it into a puree with the help of a blender.
- Reserve 3-4 strawberries to add in the last .
- In a wide bowl, add the puree and add the condensed milk, cream, evaporated milk and sugar.
- If you don’t get evaporated milk just replace with condensed milk.
- Just adjust the sugar accordingly in that case.
- Mix gently with a hand blender till everything incorporates well.
- In a freezer safe bowl, pour in this mixture and freeze for an hour.
- After an hour, take it out and nicely blend in a mixer and freeze it again for an hour.
- Repeat this procedure for 2 more times.
- After doing this for 3 times, before freezing this, chop the reserved strawberries into tiny bits and mix well.
- Deep freeze for 6-7 hours.
- Strawberry ice cream is ready to serve.
- I used the nestle cream. Any type of cream can be used.
- Sugar can be increased or decreased according to the sourness of the strawberry.
- Do not skip the step of blending the mixture every one hour. This step will make smooth and soft ice cream .
- As i mentioned already, if evaporated milk is not available, just replace with condensed milk. Just in that case, adjust the addition of sugar.
Check out my Mango Ice cream too.