POTATOES AND GREEN PEAS MASALA(GRAVY)
Last week when we went to a nearby Indian Restaurant for dinner , we decided not to order for any paneer dish and finally ended up in ordering Aloo mutter gravy. Suddenly my hubby asked me whether i have aloo mutter recipe in my blog and i said no. then the following week i made this enjoyed with rotis. This recipe i learnt my cousin Kirthika, from whom i learnt the recipe of Pav bhaji ,who is an expert in cooking. I still can’t forget the taste of the aloo mutter which she cooked for me when was pregnant with my second baby.
|GREEN PEAS ( I USED FROZEN)||1/2 CUP|
|CINNAMON||1 SMALL PIECE|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CUMIN SEED POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||2 PINCHES|
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and throw in the cinnamon and cloves.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes. Peel the skin of the potato and cut into cubes.
- Now add the chopped onions.
- Saute till they turns pink.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy.
- Keep the flame in medium.
- When done add the coriander powder, red chilly powder, cumin powder and garam masala.
- Saute for a while and add the cubed potatoes and green peas.
- Add 1to 1 and 1/2 cup of water and add salt.
- Close the lid of the pressure cook and cook till 3 whistles.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chapathi | jeera rice.
- Ginger garlic paste can be added. If adding add it in the first after putting cinnamon and cloves.
- You can puree the tomato and onion in a mixer and add, if you want a smooth texture.
- Fresh green peas can also be used instead of frozen peas.