Few days back when was breaking my head as what to make for kids snacks , suddenly this idea of making panner sandwich came to my mind. I added cabbage to the panner and my kids who hates cabbage never realised that i have added cabbage in the panner sandwich. Even you can make this for your kids breakfast or lunch box too.
|CABBAGE(FINELY CHOPPED)||1/4 CUP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/8 TSP|
|PAVBHAJI MASALA||AS NEEDED|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/4 TSP|
- Chop the onions finely.
- In a pan, add add and add the onions and when it turns pink add the scrambled paneer and the cabbage.
- Let it cook for 3 minutes in a medium flame.
- Now add coriander powder, red chilli powder and pav bhaji masala,salt and mix well.
- Cook for a minute and switch off the flame.
- The filling is ready.
- Place a bread slice in a griddle(tawa) . Apply butter on the side which you are placing down.
- Spread the filling on the top and place the other slice on the top.
- Carefully turn it upside down.
- Repeat the same procedure for rest of the bread slices.
- Red chilli powder can be replaced with pepper powder.
- Grated carrots and boiled potatoes can be added to the filling.
- I used white bread, you can use whole meal bread too.
- If packing for kids box, spread little extra butter to avoid drying.
- If you want you can cut the edges of the bread too and without discarding the edges make the Italian bread Soup.
- Garam masala can also be used instead of pav bhaji masala.