BROCCOLI RICE IN iNDIAN STYLEBroccoli though very healthy i buy this very rarely as kids will not prefer to eat this. I normally make a Broccoli Soup or Broccoli stir fry but this wanted to try a rice recipe with broccoli and made a Indian style Broccoli rice . This is almost similar to my recipe of capsicum rice. Me and my hubby enjoyed this broccoli rice and some how kids also had a little. You can make this for lunch box too as this can be done in a jiffy.
INGREDIENTS:(Serves 2-3 )
|BROCCOLI FLORETS||3/4 CUP|
|BASMATI RICE||3/4 CUP|
|GINGER GARLIC PASTE||3/4 TSP|
|SAMBAR POWDER||1 AND 1/2 TSP (can replace with red chilli powder too)|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
- Wash the broccoli florets and keep it aside.
- Thinly slice the onions,
- Wash and soak the rice in 1 and 1/2 cup of water and pressure cook this with little salt and a drop of oil for 3 whistles
- Fluff the rice with fork and allow it to cool by spreading it in a wide plate.
- In a pan add oil and add in the ginger garlic paste. Saute in a low flame till the raw smell goes.
- Add the thinly sliced onions and saute till they turns into nice golden brown colour.
- Now add the broccoli florets and add the sambar powder,turmeric powder, garam masala and salt.
- Saute in a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes till the raw smell of the masala powder goes off. The broccoli should be crunchy.
- Switch off the flame and add this mixture to the rice.
- Gently mix it well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with any raitha of your choice.
- You can add chopped capsicum or green peas to the rice . If adding , add after the addition of broccoli.
- 1-2 tblsp of chopped mint leaves can be added in the beginning to enhance the flavor.
- You can add peanuts after the ginger garlic paste is done.