These theplas if handled in a proper way, like without touching with wet hands and not packing when it is too hot, is best suitable for travels too. So if you are planning for a summer vacation trip, you can prepare this and pack for your trip. This can stay for 2 days. Check out my Methi khakra recipe.
INGREDIENTS: [ yields 5-6 rotis] Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cooking time:3 mins per roti
|METHI LEAVES||1 CUP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||3- 4 TSP|
|OIL||1 TBLSP + OIL TO DRIZZLE ON ROTIS|
|CUMIN SEEDS(JEERA)||1 TSP|
- Wash and chop the methi leaves and mint leaves finley.
- In a wide bowl, add red chilli powder, yogurt ,oil,salt and cumin seeds.
- Let this sit for 10 minutes.
- Now add the atta and add the chopped methi leaves and mint leaves.
- Mix well and slowly add little water to make a smooth dough.
- Keep it covered. Take out a medium lemon sized dough and roll it into a medium sized thin rotis. Heat a griddle and cook the rotis on both sides and drizzle little oil on it.
- Repeat this for the rest of the dough.
- If planning to pack for trips, when it is completely cool, roll it in a aluminium foil with clean hands.
- If making in bulk ,pack in small batches.
- You can add or less the spiciness according to your taste.