Methi malai mutter using kasoori methi, with step by step pictures
A creamy gravy which i was hesitant to try for a long time (since i am very calorie conscious now a days), of course most of us are like that. When i was going through my friend’s cookbook, this tempted me very much and finally i tried this for a weekday lunch.
I used kasoori methi since i don’t have fresh methi leaves with me.
Also check out
|GREEN PEAS||1 CUP|
|KASOORI METHI||4 TBLSP|
|WHITE PEPPER POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
- Boil/Microwave the peas for 2 minutes.( i used the frozen peas)
- Soak cashew nuts in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Grind the cashew nuts, cinnamon, clove and cardamon into a fine paste.
- In a kadai, add oil and saute the onions till they turn pink.
- Cook the onions on a low flame and don not let them turn brown.
- Add the cashew ,masala paste.
- Saute for a minute.
- Add the kasoori methi and mix well.
- Add the cream/malai and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- I used the Nestle Cream.
- Add the peas and pour the milk.
- Add salt , redchilli powder, pepper powder and sugar to this.
- Mix well and cook in a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with a a ring of cashew nut bits.
- If you are using Fresh peas, shell the peas and boil them in salt water till tender.
- If using fresh methi leaves, blanch them in boiling water and refresh them in cold water.
- Methi malai mutter tastes well with plain kulcha.