Methi pakoda is an easy and quick snack which i tried for the first time. This methi pakoda turned out well and we had this as an evening snack with hot tea on a rainy day. I have tried Methi pakoda kadhi but this is a different recipe of pakoda which i tried from a cook book. If you have Methi leaves in hand, just go ahead to make this methi pakodas.
INGREDIENTS: SERVES 3-4
|METHI LEAVES||2 CUPS|
|BESAN |GRAM FLOUR||1/2 CUP|
|RICE FLOUR||1/4 CUP|
|SAMBAR POWDER*||1-2 TSP|
|JEERA POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|AMCHOOR POWDER||2 PINCHES|
|CORIANDER LEAVES||1 HAND FUL|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|OIL||FOR DEEP FRYING|
- Wash the methi leaves and chop them roughly.
- In a wide bowl add the methi leaves and add the rice flour, gram flour, sambar powder,coriander leaves,amchoor powder,jeera,salt and garam masala.
- Add chopped onions to this.
- Add little water to this and make it to a dough consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. when the oil is hot, keep the flame to medium.
- Spoon in the dough in small batches into oil and deep fry them till golden brown.
- Drain excess oil in kitchen towel and serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- Adding amchoor powder lessens the bitterness of the methi leaves in the pakoda.
- Mint leaves can be added instead of coriander leaves.