Dry roast the besan |kadalaimaavu till it emits a nice aroma. Roast in a low flame. Be careful not to burn this. Switch off the flame.
- Pulse the scrapped coconut once and add it to the besan. Add the ghee, milk and sugar. You can even reduce the sugar to 1 and 3/4 cup too.
- Mix well without any lumps. Switch on the flame and start stirring in a medium low flame.
- Be careful as the mixture will burn fast.
- Keep the flame to medium after 5-7 minutes.
- Soon the mixture will start thicken. At one stage the mixture will come into a whole mass without sticking to the bottom. Also it be porus too.
- Keep a greased plate ready and add the sweet mixture, which has come into a whole mass.
- Spread it evenly. Allow this to cool. When it is warm mark them into desired shapes.
- Once they are completely cool, cut them and invert the plate and take out the burfis.
- If you feel the burfi is not firm and is like a fudge, just put it back in the pan and stir for few more minutes and spread it again.
- ensure the besan is roasted else raw smell will be there.
- My mother in law will add 2 tblsp of sugar in the last to get firm burfis.