Kadala paruppu chutney is yet another yummy and tasty recipe which i learnt from the friend's mil, from whom i learnt the Kola urundai. This chutney is a perfect side dish for idli|dosa. The addition of mustard seeds in the recipes make it very unique and flavourful. The taste was close to the murugan idli kadai tomato chutney . Check out my Chutney recipes .
- Roast the channa dal, urad dal , mustard seeds and red chili in a low flame till the dal turns golden brown colour.
- In the same pan add oil and add roughly chopped onions and tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Allow this to cool and grind this into a coarse paste. Do not make it into a fine paste.
- Adjust water to reach the consistency.
- Your chutney is ready.
- Do not add the mustard seeds more than the quantity mentioned. It will make the chutney bitter.
- You can add 1 tblsp of fresh coconut to the chutney while grinding. This will enhance the taste.