Ragi aloo methi paratha
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 Mins |Makes: 4
Ragi 1/4 cup
Wheat flour 1/4 flour
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Garam masala 2 pinches
Oil 1 tsp + to make the paratha
Methi leaves 2 tbslp (finely chopped)
- Boil the potatoes and take out the skin. Adding methi is optional. You can add coriander leaves too.
- Mash the potatoes . In a wide bowl add the ragi flour, wheat flour, red chili powder, garam masala, salt , methi leaves and mashed potato.
- Add little water to this and make a pliable soft dough. Add 1 tsp of oil to this and keep it covered.
- Make big lemon sized equal balls. Roll one ball at a time gently by dusting this with wheat flour.
- Heat a tawa and cook on both sides and add little oil | butter to the paratha.
- Repeat this for the rest of the dough.
- Serve hot with plain yogurt and a pickle of your choice.
- The ratio of 1:1 of ragi and wheat flour worked out well for me. If you feel it is difficult to roll add 1 to 2 tblsp extra flour while kneading.
- You can add mint leaves also and ajwain seeds to the dough.
- Potato makes the dough softer and easy to roll too.
- You make into small thick parathas too.
- You can actually fry this as a poori too for kids.