Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : Nil |Serves: 2-3
Vazhaithandu 1/4 cup (chopped)
Green chili a very small portion
Yogurt |curd 1/2cup
Water 1 to 1 and 1/2 cup
Ginger a small piece
Curry leaves few
Oil few drops
Asafoetida | hing a pinch
- Grind the chopped vazhaithandu | banana stem along with green chili, ginger and curry leaves in a mixer. Add little water while grinding.
- Churn the yogurt | curd and add enough water.
- Filter this using a strainer. Add little water while filtering this. Discard the fiber and add the vazhai thandu juice to the churned butter milk.
- Temper mustard seeds and asafoetida in little oil and add this to the churned butter milk.
- Chil this in the refrigerator and consume this when ever you want.
- I will post more interesting butter milk recipes in the following weeks.
- Do not add more green chili as it will make it spicy.
- Add little coriander leaves if you want.