Tea time snack - No onion no garlic recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 30 Mins |Yields: 11
Semiya |vermicelli 1/2 cup
Carrot 1 small
Green peas 1/4 cup (cooked)
Jeera powder 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves few
Garam masala 2 pinches
Bread crumbs as needed
Maida | all purpose flour 1 tblsp
Oil to deep fry
- Dry roast he semiya for 5 minutes in a low flame till it is golden brown.
- Add 1 cup water to this and cook it till soft and all the water gets absorbed.
- Boil the potatoes and grate them. Grate the carrots. In a wide bowl add the carrots, grated potato and cooked and mashed green peas. Add the garam masala, jeera powder , red chili powder, coriander leaves and salt.
- Add in the cooked semiya and mix well into a thick mixture.
- Mix the all purpose flour in water. Let this be diluted and not thick.
- Take small portions from this and make a desired shape on your own, Dip this in the maida water mix .
- Roll the min the bread crumbs.
- I dry roasted 1/2 cup of semiya and coarsely powdered it and rolled half of the cutlets in the semiya.
- Since it was over, the remaining i rolled in bread crumbs.
- Cover this with a cling wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- This is just to make the mixture firm. You can skip this and go ahead for frying.
- Heat oil for frying, when it becomes hot, keep the flame to medium and deep fry this in oil .
- Add in batches , do not over crowd the pan.
- Drain excess oil in a kitchen towel. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- If you have left over semiya upma you can make this too.
- In that case add the boiled potato and mash it nicely with the upma mixture.
- While adding the semiya ensure all the water is completely absorbed.
- In any case if the mixture is slightly wet, add 1-2 tblsp of maida flour to this and mix well.