I am just back after 2 weeks break and still not in a mood to enter into the kitchen and to add up my friends are pampering me to take rest and sending me food for the past 2 days. So finally today i made a simple breakfast with aval| poha| rice flakes, which my mom makes very often. I have already posted a similar kind of puli upma with rice flour. Click Here for the recipe. This is a easy breakfast recipe and can be made in a jiffy. I thank all my fellow bloggers who visited my space in my absence and commented on my recipes. Soon I will catch up with all the yummy recipes which i missed out.
|THICK POHA||1 CUP|
|THICK TAMARIND EXTRACT||4-5 TBLSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1/4 TSP|
|CHANNA DAL||1/4 TSP|
|PEANUTS||1- 2 TBLSP|
|RED CHILLI||2 NO|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
- Wash the poha | aval and drain the water.
- Make a thick extract from a small goose berry sized tamarind . I used the Store bought tamarind paste( 1 tsp)
- If using tamarind paste, mix this well with 4 tblsp of water.
- Add this to the washed poha and mix evenly.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal, peanuts and red chilli .
- When the mustard seeds splutter and the dals turn brown.
- Add in the turmeric powder , salt and asafoetida.
- Add the tamrind poha mixture to this and mix gently.
- If you feel it is dry just sprinkle few drops of water.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
- Always serve this hot with roasted papad.