Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 2
Pudalangai | snake gourd 3 small
Oil 1 tbslp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Besan | kadalai maavu 1 tsp
Corn flour 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/8 tsp
Curry leaves few
- Wash the snake gourd and cut them and take out the seeds in the middle.
- Slice the snake gourd. Heat the pan and add oil. Add the sliced snake gourd to this and cook it slightly shrinks and gets half cooked.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add the red chili powder, besan flour, turmeric powder, corn flour and salt. Mix well. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- In the same pan add 1 tsp of oil and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Once it splutters add the mixed half cooked snake gourd.
- Keep the flame low and cook till it coks nicely and leaves out the oil.
- Add curry leaves and switch off the flame. Pudalangai fry is ready to eat.
- Serve this simple rasam , it will taste awesome. We had this with Garlic rasam.
- Thinly slice the snake gourd, else it will take time to cook.
- Do not add more corn flour than the quantity mentioned, else it will be sticky.
- Always cook in low flame.