A super quick and easy snack made using poha | aval, called as Aval bhel, served on Baked spring roll sheets. You can serve this on krackjack biscuits or even on the top of papdis too. This is one of the longest title i have given to my posts. To give a explanation about this recipe ,i can say it is a perfect kid friendly snack and can be served as a starter in parties and even it is a best way to impress the guests.
Check out my
FOR THE BASE:
Check out my
FOR AVAL (POHA) BHEL
|THICK POHA/AVAL||1/2 CUP|
|RED CHILLI||2 NO|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|COCONUT (SCRAPPED)||3 TBLSP|
|NYLON SEV/OMAPODI||3-4 TBLSP|
FOR THE BASE:
SPRING ROLL SHEETS- 4-5 NO.
- Wash the poha nicely and drain the water. Mix with salt and sugar and keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Chop the onion and tomato finely.
- In a small pan add oil and throw in the mustard seeds and red chilli , curry leaves, and asafoetida. (Don’t search curry leaves here, I was running out of that on the day I made it).
- When it splutters transfer it to the aval/poha mixture and mix it nicely with your hands.
- Meanwhile, we can start baking the spring roll sheets.
- Thaw the sheets and take out a single sheet.
- I used the small one. Either you can bake the small sheet as it is by keeping it in the muffin liner. If you don’t cut the sheets then it is difficult to fit into your mouth.
- Or you can cut the sheets into two and fold them and keep them in a muffin tray.
- I cut them into 2 and baked them (I forgot to click at this stage. Will update it soon.
- Bake these sheets for 10mins at 150 degrees C or till the sheets turn crisp like a papad.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the sheets.
- You can do this baking process 2-3 days in advance and keep them in an airtight container.
How I served:
- Just arrange the baked spring roll cups on a plate.
- Add 1 tsp of aval/poha we made.
- Just sprinkle some onion and 2-3 tomato pieces.
- To this add little scrapped coconut and finally garnish with some nylon sev../omapodi.
The poha can be eaten as it as an evening snack without serving on the sheets too.
- Just add the onions , tomatoes,coconut and sev while serving .
- Since no cooking is involved this will become soggy soon, prepare this 10 mins before eating.
loved the 1st click jeyasri..very nice…good starter idea,never used aval as a filling..
Wow, tats a gr8 idea. iam searching for the sheets here to make puffs. but i dont 🙁 Ur post is really tempting me 🙂
Very nice and perfect. Looks tempting and yummy.
wow…thats a very beautiful presentation….chatpata bhel…loved it
How unique n innovative ~ will make for a great party appetizer 🙂
Good one Jeyashri!!!
wow very innovative n ur clicks r awesome kudos..
மிகவும் ரொம்ப ஹெல்தியாக ஸ்நாக் சூப்பராக இருக்கின்றது…
Very innovative starter, looks superb.
very innovative and delightful recipe. healthy and refreshing.
Very innovative looking starter. Will surely be loved by kids 🙂
OMG that looks very awesome!!!!
delicious way to have aval in these baked spring roll sheets
Nice way to impress guests. First click is so good.
Thats a great idea! So innovative and delicious. Bookmarked!
loved the twist given to bhel….
Looks so cute ..this will sure please kids …and lovely the 1st clicks
wow very innovative n ur clicks r awesome
Good Idea!!! I like the presentation too. Good clicks and 100% kids friendly recipe.
super snack idea raks! 🙂
wow that a quick snack..wonderful
That looks awesome…crunchy!!!
Delicious and healthy snacks,luks so cute and yum…
Very inviting and tasty looking poha bhel. Wonderfully prepared.
looks cute n interesting….lovely click!
Wonderful healthy idea for starters dear. Nice one…
OMG! this is awesome…very new innovative idea….am drooling seeing your clicks…awesome photography dear….
That's a lovely idea. So easy to pick and eat. Loved the clicks too..
Luv the first click very much…and lovely idea of bhel with aval…super!!
Lovely pics , very innovative recipe.
Healthy as well as very innovative. Love the pictures also.
Healthy lovely nd super 🙂
nice click too
a very good starter.luv the first click and the nice step wise explanations.
creative and delicious
That's such an innovative idea…they look very tempting and delicious…nice clicks
Unique & innovative idea for a tempting starter!!!
beautiful clicks and aval bhel…
Great clicks,loved the snack very much! perfect party snack idea!
I am impressed..:)
Innovative recipe and nice clicks!
Yummy recipe and beautiful clicks..
Jaishree very innovative and lovely recipe…loved the way u have presented it 🙂
Lovely clicks, I liked the first one the best. great snack as well. The baked sheets makes them cruchy & tasty…I just love them.
congrats on your own domain!!! 🙂
Wow..Jus go throughing the posts in ur blog after a long time…This is superb snack idea..Cute bhel in edible serving..
it looks good…but in bhel we add chutneys….can we add in aval bhel?it looks tasty.
I don't recommend to add chutneys in this recipes as we add coconut i feel if we add chutneys it will spoil the taste.