Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 3-4 Mins per cheela |Yields: 6
Besan | kadalai maavu | Gram flour 1 cup
Green chili 1
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves few
Salt as needed
Oil 1/2 tsp per cheela
Bell pepper | capsicum 2 tblsp finely chopped (optional)
Garam masala 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Finely chop the onion, tomato, green chili and coriander leaves.
- In a bowl add the besan, onion, tomato, green chili, bell pepper, salt, turmeric powder and garam masala (if adding).
- Ensure all the veggies are very finely chopped.
- Add water (approximately 3/4 cup) and mix it nicely without any lumps.
- You can sieve the flour also.
- Check for salt.
- Let the consistency of the batter be that of dosa batter.
- Heat a pan and pour 1 big ladle of the besan batter on the pan.
- Gently spread the batter.
- Once it gets cooked on one side, flip the cheela.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil and take out from the pan.
- Repeat this for the rest of the batter.
- Serve with tomato ketchup. You can have this plain too.
- Keep the onions and tomatoes finely chopped. Else it will be difficult to spread it while cooking.
- You can add grated carrots to the batter.
- You can add 1/2 cup of besan and half cup of oats flour or any miller flour.