I have been thinking to post a chat item for a long time but somehow i couldn’t make both the chutneys at the same time. One day when i was having a a casual talk with my friend she was talking about this sukha bhel which she made in a jiffy and enjoyed the snack while watching her favorite movie. I loved this idea and made this according to my own taste and i served this on the top of plain crackers and kids loved this snack.This can be served as a starter on the top of any plain biscuits.
Before going to the ingredients, let me tell one thing. There is no hard and fast rules to follow the same proportion. Just go as per your taste. INGREDIENTS:
|BOILED PEANUTS||1/4 CUP|
|PUFFED RICE(PORI)||1 CUP|
|RAW MANGO (CHOPPED)||1 TBLSP|
|CAPSICUM( CHOPPED)||1 TBLSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||TO TASTE|
|CHAT MASALA||2 PINCHES|
|LEMON JUICE||1/2 TSP|
|NYLON SEV||2-3 TBLSP|
- Soak the peanuts for half an hour and pressure cook for 2 whistles by adding salt..
- Drain the excess water and allow this to cool completely.
- De seed the tomato and chop the onions and tomatoes finely.
- Roast the puffed rice(pori) in a tsp of oil along with a pinch of turmeric till they turn crispy and golden brown. Be careful not to burn this.
- In a wide bowl, just before serving mix everything along with red chili powder and chat masala.
- Check for salt.
- Add coriander leaves and squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Mix nicely.
- Eat this crunchy. Always mix everything just before serving else this will be soggy.
- Boiled and cubed potatoes can be added to this.
- I did not have nylon sev , so i added the store bought Aloo bhujia .
- Pomegranate can also be added.
- I served on this on plain crackers but even 50 50 biscuits can also be used or any salt biscuits can be used for serving.
- As chat masala contains salt just check for salt before adding salt.
- Roasted peanuts can be added instead of boiled peanuts.