Bhel puri without chutney- party snack ideas – Easy to make chaat recipe
I have been thinking to post a chat item for a long time but somehow I couldn’t make both chutneys at the same time. One day when I was having a casual talk with my friend she was talking about this sukha bhel which she made in a jiffy and enjoyed the snack while watching her favorite movie. I loved this idea and made this according to my own taste I served this on top of plain crackers and kids loved this snack. This can be served as a starter on top of any plain biscuits.
Before going to the ingredients, let me tell you one thing. There are no hard and fast rules to follow the same proportion. Just go as per your taste.
Bhel puri without chutney
- ¼ cup boiled peanuts
- 1 cup puffed rice | pori
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tbsp raw mango finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capsicum finely chopped optional
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Few coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp sev
- Soak the peanuts for half an hour and pressure cook for 2 whistles by adding salt.
- Drain the excess water and allow this to cool completely.
- De-seed the tomato and chop the onions and tomatoes finely.
- Roast the puffed rice(pori) in a tsp of oil along with a pinch of turmeric till they turn crispy and golden brown. Be careful not to burn this.
- In a wide bowl, just before serving mix everything along with red chili powder and chat masala.
- Check for salt.
- Add coriander leaves and squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Mix nicely.
- Eat this crunchy. Always mix everything just before serving else this will be soggy.