This is the first dosa recipe in Jeyashri’s kitchen. Paneer Dosa is the one which i tasted during my college days and i tried this recipe a few times at home. When i made this during last weekend i reserved a little batter and made again yesterday for my lunch. For all paneer lovers out there, this is a surely a treat for you all. Generally we make paneer butter masala, paneer paratha using paneer. Try out this dosa for a change and i am sure you will love it. Home made paneer can also be used for this recipe, fresh paneer tastes much better and also saves time of scrambling the frozen paneer too.
- Recipe Cusine: Indian
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook time: 30 Minutes
- Serves: 5-6 dosas
- Author: Jeyashri
- Recipe Category: Lunch | Dinner
- Description: Paneer Dosa recipe, Paneer masala dosa recipe, scrambled paneer stuffed inside dosa, serves a perfect breakfast, recipe of paneer dosa with step by step pictures.
Dosa Batter as needed
Paneer cubes 1/2 cup
Capsicum 2 tblsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
Curry leaves few
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Oil 2 tsp + for making dosa
Method with step by step pictures :
- Soak the paneer cubes in hot water for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes drain the water and scramble the paneer.( I used the mixie to do this)
- Alternatively you can keep the paneer cubes in room temperature for 15 minutes and pulse it in a mixie.
- If using fresh paneer, scramble with hands and go ahead in making the paneer masala dosa.
- Chop the onions and capsicum finely.
- In a pan, add the oil and throw in the mustard seeds, curry leaves and add the onions.
- Saute till translucent. Add the chopped tomato.
- Saute for few minutes.
- Add red chili powder, salt and garam masala.
- Saute for few minutes and add the chopped capsicum and scrambled paneer one by one.
- Saute for 2 –3 minutes in low flame.
- Mix well and add coriander leaves. Switch off the flame.
- Heat a dosa tawa and when it is hot start making dosa by making a circle with the back of the laddle.
- Place 3-4 tblsp of filling in the center and when the base part turns golden brown just fold the dosa.
- If you want just drizzle a few drops of ghee.
- No need to flip the dosa.
- We always have this without any side dish.
- If you want to have with any side dish just click chutney and sambar recipes.
- Always serve hot.
- While making the masala , you can add any finely chopped veggie of your choice.
- The dosa batter should not be too thick and it should be of a pouring consistency, to get crispy paneer dosa .