Kadai bhindi recipe – Learn how to make kadai bhindi masala.
Kadai bhendi is a semi dry side dish made with ladies finger and this pairs as a side dish with chapathi, plain ghee rice and pulao. I made this when i have guests few weeks back. Kadai bhindi paired with dabba dal and hot rice will taste very yum and nice. This is a very simple version of Kadai bhindi i came across from Varehvah’s website.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 3-4
|LADIES FINGER||300 GMS|
|CUMIN SEEDS||1 TSP|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|GARAM MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||2 PINCHES|
|OIL||2 TBLSP + OIL FOR DEEP FRY THE BHENDI|
- Wash and pat dry the ladies finger. Cut them into slightly big roundels.
- Lightly deep fry them in oil. This step is absolutely optional. This step is done just to retain the colour of the ladies finger. Since i had made for my guests i made it deep fried.
- Drain it in a kitchen towel.
- In a pan add oil and throw in the cumin seeds.
- Add the chopped onions and fry for few minutes till it turns out pink.
- Add the tomatoes to this and cook till the tomatoes become mushy and add the coriander powder, redchilli powder , turmeric powder and salt to this.
- When the tomatoes are cooked add the cubed capsicums to this.
- Add the fried ladies finger and mix them nicely in the masala.
- Cover it with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- When it is done add coriander leaves to this and mix well.
- Enjoy hot with rotis /pulao.
- If you are not deep frying the ladies finger, just saute it in amedium flame by adding 2 tblsp of oil to this.
- Ginger garlic paste can also be used.
- In the original recipe the chef added 1 tsp of hand pound coriander seeds. Since we don’t like the whole coriander seeds, i skipped this step.