|TAMARIND EXTRACT||2 CUPS( FROM A GOOSEBERRY SIZED LEMON)|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1TSP|
|CORIANDER POWDER||1 TSP|
|SMALL ONION||7-9 NO|
|CURRY LEAVES||2 FISTFUL|
|SESAME OIL||2 TBLSP|
|TURMERIC POWDER||1/4 TSP|
|FENUGREEK SEEDS( VENDAYAM)||1/4 TSP|
|CHANNA DAL||1/4 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
- Dry roast curry leaves (3 pods)and garlic separately for few minutes.
- In a pan, add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, vendayam, channa dal .
- Peel the skin of garlic and shallots(small onion)
- Add this to the oil and fry them till golden brown.
- Add the tamarind extract and add the turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder. Add salt, asafoetida and jaggery to this.
- Grind the roasted garlic and curry leaves into a smooth paste.
- Add to this tamarind gravy and boil nicely in a medium flame, till it reaches a kuzhambhu consistency.
- Enjoy with rice smeared with sesame oil and this taste yum with any type of kootu.
I am going on a break for a week, and this space will be updated as usual as i don’t want to disappoint my readers. Will be back to routine from 2nd of April. Keep visiting.