Masala sabudana khichdi with step by step pictures, perfect non-sticky sabudana khichidi recipe, with the addition of onion, veggies, and peanuts. Usually, we make this sago khichdi during the fasting period. We always make a no onion no garlic version of sago upma. It’s always tricky to get a non-sticky sago upma. Please read the full post to see how to make non-sticky sabudana khichidi. I have already posted no onion garlic sago upma. The popular Sabudana vada recipe is also available in Jeyashri’s kitchen with full video.
Masala Sabudana khichdi
Masala Sabudana Khichdi
Learn how to make non sticky masala sabudana upma, recipe with step by step pictures
- 1/2 Cup Sabudana | sago
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 4 tsp Oil
- 1 Green chili
- Curry leaves few
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tblsp Carrots
- 2 tblsp Frozen peas
- Salt as needed
- 2 tblsp Roasted peanuts
- Lemon juice few drops
- Wash the sago 4-5 times in running water. This is to get rid of the starch.
- Drain the water completely and sprinkle 2 hands of water and mix it well.
- Cover and keep it aside for 4 hours.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt this and mix well.
- In a pan add oil and add in the curry leaves, slit green chili and finely chopped onions.
- Saute the onion till translucent.
- Add in the carrots and peas. Cook for few minutes. Add salt.
- Coarsely pulse the roasted peanuts.
- Add the Sago pearls to pan. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the peanut powder and mix well.
- Drizzle few drops of lemon juice.
- Sabudana khichdi is ready, serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Mention @jeyashris kitchen or tag #jeyashriskitchen!
Like our videos ?Subscribe to Jeyashris kitchen!
- Wash the sago nicely few times to get rid of the starch, so that you get non sticky sabudana khichdi.
- Wash the sago 4-5 times in running water to get rid of the starch.
- Drain the water completely and sprinkle 2 hands of water and mix well.
- Cover and keep it aside for 4-5 hours. Overnight is also fine.
- Adding too much water while soaking will make the upma sticky.
- Add red chili powder. turmeric powder and salt to the sago and mix well.
- In a pan add oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, and green chili.
- Add the finely chopped onions and saute till translucent.
- Add carrots, peas at this stage and cook for few minutes in a medium flame. Stir in between.
- Cook till crunchy.
- Meanwhile coarsely pulse the roasted peanuts and keep aside.
- Add the soaked sago pearls and mix gently. Cook for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Add the pulsed peanuts to this and mix well.
- Drizzle lemon juice.
- Masala sabudana khichidi is ready to serve.
- Always serve hot.