Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 1 Min |Serves: 2
All purpose flour 4 tblsp
Cocoa powder 1 tsp
Baking powder 1/4 tsp
Milk 3 tblsp
Lemon juice 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 and 1/2 tblsp
Sugar 1 and 1/2 tblsp
Vanilla essence 1/4 tsp
Red food colour few drops
Chocolate 2 small chunks
- In a bowl add the milk and lemon juice , mix well and keep it for 2 minutes.
- Add the baking powder to this and mix well. Now add the flour to this.
- Add the cocoa powder and sugar to this.
- Add the vanilla essence and the red food colour.
- Add the oil and mix this well without any lumps.
- Grease 2 microwave safe ramekins with oil. Add half of the batter to both the ramekins.
- Now put the chocolate chunk into the center of the ramekin. I used the cooking chocolate. You can add even the dairy milk chocolate too.
- Pour the remaining batter to cover the chocolate. Ensure the chocolate is fully covered. Take care that the chocolate chunk is fully covered with batter.
- Place the ramekin in the microwave and cook for 1 minute. Time varies from oven to oven. Mine i kept in high for 1 minute. Insert a tooth pick in the center of the ramekin to see whether it is completely cooked. If it comes out clean, then it is cooked.
- Take it out from the oven and allow this to cool.
- If you want you can sprinkle with some powdered sugar. Using a knife scrape the edges and invert the cake in a plate.
- Slowly cut the cake in the front so that the chocolate in the center comes out like a lava.
- Red velvet chocolate lava cake is ready to eat now.
- Ensure that the chocolate chunk is inserted into the center of the ramekin.
- You can make this in a single large mug too.
- Even you can use chocolate chips too instead of chocolate. In that case add little more and put everything in the center.
- Allow the cake to completely cool and then invert the cake. If it is hot it will not come out evenly.