INDIAN DIET RECIPES
I have been thinking for a long time to post some diet recipes for a long time but somehow it got postponed but after getting many request from readers to post some diet recipes without any delay i thought i should post some Indian vegetarian diet recipes using the ingredients easily available at home. Though i didn’t get the pictures very satisfied due to poor lighting, hope to update this soon when i make this next time. The original recipe i tried from here but replaced with broken wheat instead of semolina.
Generally i don’t personally diet too much but will not over eat also. I do walk for 30 to 45 minutes everyday and started yoga recently. Just keep in mind that whenever you want to be on diet , do not skip any meal , just try to avoid deep fried junk food and sweets. Eat lots of fruits and drink plenty of water.
Before trying this Oats Idli i was worried about the out come but it turned out very well and i enjoyed with pudina chutney. My hubby who came from Office little early yesterday relished this Oats idli too.
INGREDIENTS: (YIELDS 5 IDLI)
|BROKEN WHEAT | SAMBA RAVA||1/4 CUP|
|GINGER (GRATED)||1/4 TSP|
|BAKING SODA | ENO FRUIT SALT||2 PINCHES|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/4 TSP|
|CHANNA DAL||1/4 TSP|
|URAD DAL||1/4 TSP|
|CARROT (GRATED)||3-4 TBLSP|
|TURMERIC POWER||A PINCH|
- Roast the Oats ( i used Quacker quick cooking oats) for 3-4 minutes. Powder this finely.
- Roast the broken wheat for 2 minutes in a medium flame.
- In a kadai add little oil and add mustard seeds, ginger, channa dal, urad dal, finely chopped green chilli, chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Switch off the flame and add the grated carrots.
- Add this to the powdered oats and broken wheat mixture. Add yogurt, salt ,turmeric powder and required water to reach the idli batter consistency.
- Add the baking soda | eno fruit salt to this and grease the idli plates.
- Pour this oats idli batter to this and steam it for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Insert a knife to check whether it is done .
- Take out from the moulds and enjoy hot. It tasted well even when it not very hot.
- The pudina chutney went well with this and will post the recipe soon.
- You can replace broken wheat with semolina.
- Pour into the moulds after adding the yogurt and water.
- You can add any veggies of your choice.