Panakam | pakagam recipe is normally prepared during Sri rama navami along with Neer Mor and Vadaparuppu . Recipe of Panakam updated with full video. During my childhood days, I never drink panagam. My mom used to forcefully tell me to drink. But somehow after marriage, a few years later I started liking panakam. Apart from making this for Rama Navami, we make Panagam | Panakam recipe for Sumangali prarthanai. During the days when we’re in Chennai, I and my mil will visit the west mambalam Ayodhya mandapam on Rama Navami. We love the neer mor, panagam and vada paruppu they give there as prasadams on the occasion of Rama Navami.
Do try this Panakam | Panagam recipe and let me know how it turned out. Also, you can add soda water to this and make it as Sparkling Panagam for parties.
Panakam | Panagam
- 1/2 cup Powdered jaggery
- 3 cups Water
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom powder
- Edible camphor a pinch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp Dry Ginger powder |sukku
- Soak the jaggery in water for 15 minutes.
- Filter the jaggery to take out the impurities.
- add dry ginger powder,cardamom powder and lemon juice.
- Mix well. Panakam is ready for neivedhyam.
Panakam is very healthy too and best when served chilled.
- Soak powdered jaggery in water for 15 minutes.
- Filter the jaggery and take out the impurities.
- Add cardamom powder, dry ginger powder, and the edible camphor.
- If you don’t get sukku or dry ginger in your country, add 2 tsp of fresh ginger juice.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Panakam is ready for neivedyam.
- You can serve it chilled as a summer drink.