This is one of the fantastic cookies i have baked so far. when i saw this recipe in Sharmis place without any second thought i bookmarked this and i tried this in a week. But i couldn’t click the pictures as kids feasted on this yummy cookies and my hubby also asked me to pack a few for his friends. Last week i made this again and finally i clicked this with step wise pictures.
|ALL PURPOSE FLOUR(MAIDA)||1 CUP|
|POWDERED SUGAR||1/2 CUP|
|TUTTI FRUITY||1/3 CUP|
|MILK||1 TO 2 TBLSP|
|ORANGE ZEST||1 TSP(OPTIONAL)|
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugar.
- When this becomes fluffy add this to the all purpose flour and add the tutti fruity and orange zest (if adding)to this.
- When i made for the first time i added orange zest, but while i made this for the second time, i didn’t have oranges.
- Knead this into a dough by adding a tblsp of milk to this.
- Roll this into a log and wrap this in a butter paper.
- Dust with some flour if needed.
- Freeze this for 40 mins and after that cut them into thick slices using a knife.
- Don’t try to cut this into thin pieces. The this will tend to break.
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees and bake the cookies for 10 to 12 mins.
- Take out carefully and cool this completely.
- Store in airtight container and enjoy.
- These cookies tend to brown easily so keep a close watch after 10 mins
- Mine got done in 13 mins.
- I added a tsp of orange juice to this and this enhanced the flavor.
- If you don’t have tutti frutti just replace with any nuts of your choice.