Check out my Vazhakkai curry and Vazhakkai |raw banana chips
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 3
Raw banana 1
Channa dal 3 tblsp
Red chili 3
Coriander seeds 2 tsp
Tamarind water 2 tblsp
Grated coconut 4 tbslp
Mustard 1 tsp
Curry leaves few
Asafoetida 2 pinches
Salt as needed
- Cut the raw bananas into cubes. Pressure cook it along with tamarind extract and 2 tblsp of channa dal. Add hing to it while pressure cooking,since my mom always say it lessens the gas content ,when adding at this stage.
- Dry roast coriander seeds,redchillies,and 1 tblsp of channa dal and grind it along with 2 tblsp of grated coconut.
- Fry 2tblsp of grated coconut till golden brown and keep it aside.
- In a kadai,add a tsp of oil and add mustard to it. When it splutters,add the pressure cooked items and the ground paste to it and mix it well. Check for salt. Add jaggery to it and mix it nicely.
- Now add the roasted coconut and garnish with curry leaves.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Enjoy with hot fluffy rice or any rice of your choice.