Vegetable fried rice
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 2
Basmati rice 1 cup
Veggies* 1/4 cup
Garlic 3 pods
Ginger a small piece
Green chili 2
Soya sauce 1 tsp
Tomato sauce 1/2 tsp (optional)
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Olive oil 1 tblsp
Spring onion few (to garnish)
- Soak rice in 1 and 1/4 cup of water for 15 min and pressure cook it . Check out my post on How to cook basmati rice.
- Allow it to cool. Make the ginger,garlic and chilli into a coarse paste.Chop the bottom part of the spring onion finely and keep it aside. Don’t discard the green part.
- In a pan ,add 1 tblsp of oil and add sugar and add this paste. Saute for some time. Now add the white part of onion which we chopped. Saute for 2 to 3 mins. Now add the mixed veggies except capsicum.Saute in high flame . Add salt, aginamotto,( if using) tomato sauce and soya sauce. Saute for 2 mins. Add the chopped capsicum.
- Switch off the flame and mix it with rice and add pepper powder also and mix gently to have an even coat.
- Garnish with the chopped green portion of the spring onion.
- You can add finely chopped baby corn to the veggies.
- Always ensure that the veggies should be crunchy and not over cooked.