The past two weeks went very busy as kids are at home on vacation. Finally today school reopened and i had time to post one of my favorite snack. I have tried this a few times and this time i thought of blogging this. I learnt this from here, but she gave the recipe for suji dhokla, but i replace with besan,since i love this khaman dhokla. Check out my Gujarathi Khandvi recipe and khatta dhokla.
Khaman Dhokla recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins + standing time 1 hour | Cooking Time : 15 Mins |Serves: 4-5
Besan | kadala maavu 1 cup
Curd 1 cup
Salt as needed
Green chili 2
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Eno fruit salt 1 and 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice 1 tsp
Oil 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Water 2 tblsp
- In a wide vessel, add the besan,curd,chopped green chilli, turmeric powder,salt , sugar and lemon juice and mix well without any lumps.
- Don't add any water to it.
- The curd will be quite enough to make the paste.
- Cover it with a lid and keep it aside for 1/2 an hour to 1 hour.
- I kept for an hour.
- After an hour, grease a wide mouthed kadai with little oil.
- Transfer the mixture to it.
- Just add the ENO FRUIT SALT .
- Mix well.
- Keep the steamer hot before adding eno salt to it.
- The consistency will be like idli batter.
- Normally after adding Eno salt the mixture will sightly loosen.
- If u find it very thick,can add 1 or 2 tblsp of water.
- Steam this mixture for 10 –12 minutes.
- Check whether it is completely cooked ,by inserting a knife or fork into the vessel.
- Allow it to cool.
- After 2- 4 mins, just tilt the vessel fully to a plate .
- Take it out carefully.
- In a kadai, add oil and add the mustard seeds and the vertically slit deseeded green chillie.
- When it crackles, pout it over the dhokla.
- Cut into square or diamond shapes.
- Serve with green chutney.
I DISCARDED THE MOST OF THE CHILLI AFTER TEMPERING,SINCE MY HUBBY DOESN’T LIKE IT.
RECIPE FOR GREEN CHUTNEY. Check out my other green chutney recipe too.
When Raks posted the recipe for green chutney i am so tempted to try this .Thanks raji for this recipe, it turned out well and tasted yum with the dhoklas.
|CORIANDER LEAVES||1/2 CUP|
|GREEN CHILLI||2 NOS.|
- We can use this as an accompaniment for any chat items.