The past two weeks went very busy as kids are at home on vacation. Finally today school reopened and i had time to post one of my favorite snack. I have tried this a few times and this time i thought of blogging this. I learnt this from HERE, but she gave the recipe for suji dhokla, but i replace with besan,since i love this khaman dhokla.
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING DHOKLA:
|BESAN FLOUR||1 CUP|
|GREEN CHILLI||1 NO(CHOPPED)|
|TURMERIC POWDER||A PINCH|
|ENO FRUIT SALT||1 AND 1/2 TSP|
|LEMON JUICE||2 TSP|
|MUSTARD SEEDS||1/2 TSP|
|GREEN CHILLI||2 NOS(CUT VERTICALLY AND DESEED IT)|
- In a wide vessel, add the besan,curd,chopped green chilli, turmeric powder,salt , sugar and lemon juice and mix well without any lumps.
- Dont add any water to it.
- The curd will be quite enough to make the paste.
- Cover it with a lid and keep it aside for 1/2 an hour to 1 hour.
- I kept for an hour.
- After an hour, grease a wide mouthed kadai with little oil.
- Transfer the mixture to it.
- Just add the ENO FRUIT SALT .
- Mix well.
- Keep the steamer hot before adding eno salt to it.
- The consistency will be like idli batter.
- Normally after adding Eno salt the mixture will sightly loosen.
Here is the picture of ENO SALT BOTTLE:
- If u find it very thick,can add 1 or 2 tblsp of water.
- Steam this mixture for 10 –12 minutes.
- Check whether it is completely cooked ,by inserting a knife or fork into the vessel.
- Allow it to cool.
- After 2- 4 mins, just tilt the vessel fully to a plate .
- Take it out carefully.
- In a kadai, add oil and add the mustard seeds and the vertically slit deseeded green chillie.
- When it crackles, pout it over the dhokla.
- Cut into square or diamond shapes.
- Serve with green chutney.
I DISCARDED THE MOST OF THE CHILLI AFTER TEMPERING,SINCE MY HUBBY DOESN’T LIKE IT.
RECIPE FOR GREEN CHUTNEY
When RAKS posted the recipe for green chutney i am so tempted to try this .Thanks raji for this recipe, it turned out well and tasted yum with the dhoklas.
|CORIANDER LEAVES||1/2 CUP|
|GREEN CHILLI||2 NOS.|
- Grind the leaves along with the chilli, chatmasala,salt and onion into a fine paste.
- Add the lemon juice to it and mix well.
- We can use this as an accompaniment for any chat itmes.