I am a great fan of all paneer dishes, especially this tikkas are my most favorite. Since i dont possess a Oven with grill, i wanted to try this tikka on the stove top, by using a non stick tawa. So many times i have made this, and it always came out very nicely.
I used the panner cubes to make these tikkas.
|PANEER CUBES||3/4 CUP|
|SOUR CREAM||2 TBLSP|
|TANDOORI MASALA||1/2 TSP|
|REDCHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
|CHAT MASALA||1/4 TSP|
|CAPSICUM||1/2 NO CUBED|
|ONION||1 NO. CUBED|
|KASOORI METHI||1/4 TSP|
- Take the paneer from the freezer and keep it outside till it comes to the room temperature.
- Once it reaches the room temperature add the sour cream to it.
- Add the red chilli powder, chat masala, tandoori masala and kasoori methi and salt to this .
- Mix this very well. Take care the masalas should get evenly coated.
- I used this cream
- Allow this to marinate for 1 hour.
- Keep it in the fridge.
- After an hour, take it out and heat a tawa.
- Place the paneer pieces on the tawa by arranging it on the tawa.
- Add a few drops of oil ,for each batch(if you want)
- keep the flame very low.
- When it is done on one side, carefully flip it on the other side, using a spoon.
- Repeat this for all the other sides of the paneer cubes.
- Heat a kadai, add a tblsp of oil and add keep the flame very high.
- Add the cubed onions and capsicums to it and saute this in a high flame.
- Take out from the flame and when it is cool arrange them in skewers.
- Enjoy with hot tea.
- You can add curd instead of sour cream.
- If using curd, hung the curd for 20 minutes in a cloth.
- Dont add too much of cream/curd as this will make the tikka soggy .
- Dont omit the tandoori masala, it gives out the real flavor of the tikka.