Tomato pulao is the one which i wanted to post for a long time, but whenever i make this , it never turned out perfectly. My mom makes it in a different way,though i like her method, i wanted to make puloa.
After so many trial and error, i finally got my perfect recipe.
|BASMATHI RICE||1 CUP|
|GINGER||A SMALL PIECE|
|RED CHILLI POWDER||1/2 TSP|
- Chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Ground the garlic, ginger and half of the onions into a fine paste.
- Wash the rice and soak it in 1 1/2 cups of water.
- In a pressure cooker, add the oil and ghee and throw in the pepper ,cloves and elachi.
- Add the onions.
- Add the onion ginger garlic paste.
- When the raw smell disappears,add the tomatoes , redchilli powder and salt to it.
- Saute for few minutes.
- Now add the soaked the rice to this and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the water. Add the chopped mint leaves(if using)
- Close the lid and wait till the cooker gives one whistle.
- After that keep it in low flame for 15 mins.
- Enjoy hot with any raitha of your choice.
- If you are doing in rice cooker, add 1 3/4 cups of water.
- Since the tomato also give away water water, dont add water more than this.
- Otherwise the rice will be soggy.
- If you want it more spicy,you can grind 2 green chillies along with the garlic and ginger.