A different style of making okra| ladies finger which i learnt from a nita metha cook book and i am here to share this recipe with you . This goes very well with roti and of course with rice too.
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 25 Mins |Serves: 2-3
Ladies finger | okra 250 gms
Grated coconut 2 tbslp
Cashew nuts 5
Red chili powder 3/4 tsp
Coriander powder 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Curd | yogurt 2 tbslp
Oil 1 tblsp
Salt as needed
Curry leaves few
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Cut the edges of the ladies finger and chop it lengthwise.
- Add 1/2 tblsp of oil in a kadai and fry it in a low flame(stirring in between) for 10 mins.
- Grind the coconut and cashew into a smooth paste .
- Add little water(1-2 tsp) while grinding.
- When the okras are done,keep it aside.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes finely.
- Add oil in the kadai and throw in the mustard seeds,cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the onions too.
- When the onions turn pink, add the tomatoes and add the redchilli powder, salt,coriander powder,turmeric powder and saute well.
- Saute in a low flame till the tomato becomes mushy.
- Add the curd at this stage and nicely mix it to the onion tomato mixture.
- Now add the ground coconut cashew mixture .
- Add the cooked okras and mix gently.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot with rotis/ rice.
- We enjoyed with rice and Garlic rasam.